Series: Snippets 03


Snippets: a series of brief summaries describing what I have been working on recently, plus a few personal tidbits.


Finished Works

Magpie on Branch

Boatman in Paper Boat with Shinto Shrine

Ducklings at Water's Edge

Works in Progress

None! Aside from an ongoing project I am still keeping mum about.


New in the Shop (Click to purchase)

Egret with Wispy Feathers

Red-Crowned Cranes Series: 02

Red-Crowned Cranes Series: 03

Projects and Updates

June's blog post is up, which is an installment of "A Capsule Kitchen", featuring a recipe for simple and fluffy Minimalist Cornbread. Drool.

The Red-Crowned Cranes series that I am working on now has a section of its very own in my shop, as the individual pieces work as a cohesive collection. As I create more in the series, they will be added to my shop.  

Also shop-related, with summer just around the corner, I have updated the featured collection, which is chock-full of pieces that evoke warm nights, cool ocean breezes, and dreamy childhood memories of a distant past.

The wetlands near our home is teeming with life at the moment. These are a few recent photos from our walk there last week (don't miss the big bullfrog in the second photo - middle top):








 Sketchbook

A few random sketches, both from my sketchbook and on paper that I didn't want to go to waste (the little mouse on the swing). The bird with the bindle was inspired by the bird from the photo above - it just looked like he was headed for an adventure on those railroad tracks! The magpie sketch was used as a basis for the finished work I posted in the "Finished works" portion of this post.




Reading

The Ramayana

The Bible (New Testament)

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Living Your Yoga By Judith Lasater

The Magician's Newphew, book 6 (in the originally published order of The Chronicles of Narnia) by C.S. Lewis


Personal Tidbit

I have 3 tatoos: a fairy on the right side of my back, a small turquoise star on my right upper arm, and the sanskrit word "ahimsa", which means non-harming, non-injury, non-violence, on my upper left arm.











 



Popular posts from this blog

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: An Introduction + Minimalist Everyday Bread Recipe

Nothing Special

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Minimalist Cornbread