Series: Snippets 04


Snippets: a series of brief summaries describing what I have been working on recently, plus a few personal tidbits.


Finished Works

Mouse on Branch Having Tea

Red-Crowned Cranes Series 04

Red Flowers in Vase

 Works in Progress

Pencil outline of the finished piece of "Mouse on Branch Having Tea" 

Monk in progress (no title yet)

Red Flowers in Vase (about mid-way through the process)

Red-Crowned Cranes Series 04 (before watercolor was added)

New in the Shop (Click to purchase)

Origami Boat at Shinto Shrine in Japan

Ducklings at Water's Edge

Japanese Tea Ceremony

Projects and Updates

Each season, I like to give my portfolio an update, which helps ensure I always have something current on offer. With summer now upon us, my portfolio has had its seasonal edit. I’ve added a few new works, and polished things up a bit. 

July’s blog post is in the works, which is about the challenges of being a quiet and calm artist in a world full of noise and aggression.

I am constantly inspired and recharged by nature on my daily walks. Here are a few recent photos I took in late afternoon in one of my favorite wooded areas near our home.





 Sketchbook



Reading

How to Focus, by Thich Nhat Hanh

The Bible (New Testament)

The Ramayana

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

The Last Battle, book 7 (in the originally published order) of The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis


Personal Tidbit

My husband and I just celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary! The highlight of the day was indulging in an afternoon viewing of “Casablanca” over tea at home.











 



Popular posts from this blog

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: An Introduction + Minimalist Everyday Bread Recipe

Nothing Special

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Minimalist Cornbread