Series: Snippets 05


Snippets: a series of brief summaries describing what I have been working on recently, plus a few personal tidbits.


Finished Works

My husband likes my pencil sketches, so this first piece is one I did for him for our 22nd wedding anniversary last month. He is British, and we are both big tea drinkers. 

Mice Having Afternoon Tea
Pencil 

Japanese Boatman with Cranes at Sunset
Brush pen and pencil

 Works in Progress

Mouse in Bamboo Forest

Bunny on Moon Swing (now in the shop!)


In progress photo of Boatman piece above

 New in the Shop (Click to purchase)

Bunny on Moon Swing

Buddhist Monk with Japanese Maple

Projects and Updates

July's blog is up! It talks about the challenges of being a quiet and calm artist in a noisy and aggressive world. You can read the piece here

We are in the midst of a heatwave, so I have set aside doing any artwork (aside from some sketching), as we keep our blinds closed and lights off to try to keep cool. In the meantime, I am ramping up submitting my work to literary and illustration agencies, in the hopes of getting represented. (Fingers crossed.)

Before the heatwave, I took advantage of the cooler weather and went on plenty of walks in the area:







Sketchbook


Not technically my sketchbook, but these are practice koi on thick watercolor paper

More practice koi on even thicker watercolor paper

Reading

Eastern Body, Western Mind, by Anodea Judith

The Bible (New Testament)

The Ramayana

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

The Last Battle, book 7 (in the originally published order) of The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis


Personal Tidbit

My favorite cartoon is Johnny Bravo.












 





Popular posts from this blog

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: An Introduction + Minimalist Everyday Bread Recipe

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Minimalist Cornbread

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Vegan Chili Mac