Series: Snippets 09


Snippets: a series of brief summaries describing what I have been working on recently, plus a few personal tidbits.


Finished Works

Harold at the Seaside
Chinese watercolors, watercolor pencils, and pitt pastel pencils

Mouse Walking Home
Pencils and pitt pastel pencils

Works in Progress

Fuzzy Bunny with his Blanket (01)

Fuzzy Bunny with his Blanket (02)

Fuzzy Bunny with his Blanket (03)

Fellini-Inspired Mouse

Woman Walking Through Torii Gate in Japan

 New in the Shop (Click to purchase)

Trio of Mushrooms

Woman in Japanese Tea House in Spring

Projects and Updates  

With autumn just around the corner (yay!), the "Featured Collection" in my shop is fall-themed. Pop in and have a browse.

I took August off from submitting my work anywhere, but I am diving back into it this month. Fingers crossed.  

September's blog post is up, and it's another book-themed piece. If you are a reader like I am, you may want to check out My Three Favorite Books.

I recently purchased an art supply box to keep my most-used pens, brushes and other tools contained and easily accessible. It seems like a small thing, but it was so satisfying to get it all set up and and organized.


 While I have been on plenty of walks recently, I opted to make the most of them by staying in the moment, rather than taking photos to look at later. I did snap a few the other day, because I just loved the shadows that were happening in the late afternoon light.



Sketchbook

I decided to revisit my character named Pierre, the arty owl, and my little mouse in my sketchbook. I also discovered how fun mushrooms are to draw.    




Reading

The Organized Mind, by Daniel J. Levitin

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

The Ramayana


Personal Tidbit

I have been studying and practicing yoga, meditation, and Zen buddhism for over 20 years.




Popular posts from this blog

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: An Introduction + Minimalist Everyday Bread Recipe

Nothing Special

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Minimalist Cornbread