Series: Snippets 11


Snippets: a series of brief summaries describing what I have been working on recently, plus a few personal tidbits.


With the start of my favorite season (autumn), I had a burst of creative energy, so I decided to post a 3rd "Snippets" this month. The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting colder, and I am getting inspired. And cozy.


Finished Works

Marcello (this piece is part of my "Character Portraits" series)
Pitt pastel pencils

Friends at the Lily Pond (now in my shop - link below)
Watercolor pencils, pitt pastel pencils, Chinese watercolors, and oil pastels

Woman on a Quiet Street in Japan
Brush pens and pencil

Bertram: In a Pumpkin Costume
Watercolor pencils, pencil, and pitt pastel pencils

 Works in Progress


This is Marcello, before the bowtie was added.

This piece is now finished and in my shop (link below)

 New in the Shop (Click to purchase)

Woman at Torii Gate with Cranes

Friends at the Lily Pond

Trio of Pumpkins

Mouse with Autumn Leaves

Harold at the Seaside AKA Bunny at the Seaside with Paper Boat

Two Mice Having Tea AKA Wedding Anniversary Drawing for my Husband

Pair of Orange Koi

Projects and Updates  

October's blog post will be an installment of my series "A Capsule Kitchen", and will feature a simple, vegan pancake recipe. We have these every Sunday for brunch, and they are so, so good. Check back next month if you'd like to learn how to make them for yourself, and your household.

My husband and I went to a nature park just a few miles from where we live that we had not been to for years. It was a beautiful day, so I am glad I had my camera with me. We plan on going back throughout the fall when the leaves start to change colors. 






I have been trying to slow down, focus, and practice mindfulness when doing a task. There is no hurry, and rushing through life is no way to live. The light on this plant was everything in that particular moment.


Sketchbook

I just did this sketch this morning, after looking at gorgeous photos of Japan in the fall. I thought spring there was amazing (and it is), but fall looks even more spectacular. I will be using a brush pen and Chinese watercolors to create a lush, autumnal scene, with this rough sketch as the reference.


Reading

Sacred Fire, by Ronald Rolheiser

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali


Personal Tidbit

The ocean is my favorite place to be. I also have a fascination with sharks, ever since seeing one in the room-sized tank at the Monterey Bay Aquarium when my mom took me there as a child. 






















 






Popular posts from this blog

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: An Introduction + Minimalist Everyday Bread Recipe

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Minimalist Cornbread

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Vegan Chili Mac