Series: Snippets 12



Snippets: a series of brief summaries describing what I have been working on recently, plus a few personal tidbits.


Finished Works

Mouse on Swing with Butterfly
Pencil


Monk on Bridge with Umbrella in Autumn
Brush pen and Chinese watercolors

Zen Monk Walking up Steps with Fall Leaves
Brush pen and watercolor pencils

Works in Progress

I am not currently in the middle of anything, so here are a couple of "in progress" photos of two of the finished pieces from above before I finished them.



New in the Shop (Click to purchase)

Bunny Reaching for Book

Fellini-Inspired Mouse AKA Mouse Wearing Beret and Scarf with Mug

Fuzzy Bunny with Blanket

Mouse Walking Home at Twilight

Red-Crowned Cranes in Flight in Autumn

Fuzzy Bunny Wearing Pumpkin Sweater

Cute Mouse in Pumpkin Costume

Projects and Updates  

October's blog post is an installment of "A Capsule Kitchen", featuring a simple vegan pancake recipe. We have these every Sunday, and they are so good! You can find the recipe here.

I was feeling a bit meh about my artwork recently, so I decided to take a short break from it, and have been using the time to catch up on other tasks. I can already feel the benefit, and am definitely feeling re-inspired, and am looking forward to getting back to work in another couple of days. These creative breaks are necessary, and help me to break out of creative funks. I may devote November's blog post to this topic, as I know I am not alone in the meh-ness, and others may be able to relate.

There is a decidedly fall crispness in the air, and the leaves are starting to turn gorgeous shades of red, orange, and brown. And the bunnies are out in full force at the local wetlands where my husband and I often take walks.









Sketchbook 

The day I declared to my husband that I was taking a brief break from doing any art, I naturally proceeded to do several sketches. However, I put my sketchbook away before taking any photos, so nothing to see here this time, folks.


Reading

The Short Stories of Saki

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali


Personal Tidbit

I LOVE big band music. Benny Goodman is my favorite band leader, followed closely by Artie Shaw, Gene Krupa, Chick Webb, and Jimmy and Tommy Dorsey.  





Popular posts from this blog

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: An Introduction + Minimalist Everyday Bread Recipe

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Minimalist Cornbread

Series: A Capsule Kitchen: Vegan Chili Mac